Infant 2- Ages 10 months to 18 months
Our Snail Room is for infants approximately 10 months to 18 months of age. Our ratio for this room is at least one adult for every four infants. This is an age of great exploration and discovery. The snail room is designed to let your child practice their new found mobility, while ensuring they are in a safe environment. There are a variety of toys and activities to work on their emerging vocabulary and social skills. Your child's day will be filled with one on one time with the teacher, independent exploration, and time to interact with the other children. As the children near one and a half we will begin discussing transitioning them to our Monkey Room- Toddler 1. Before we transition we would like your child to be confident walkers. We want you to be a big part of our Bubbles & Blocks family so the lead teacher will have several discussions with you as your child nears transition time.
Meet our Lead Infant 2 Teacher, Ms. Taylor!
Taylor is pursuing her Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from Southeast Community College. She has worked at Bubbles & Blocks for over a year in the Infants Room!
Daily Schedule- Snails/Infants 2
- 6:30am-7:30am: Arrival time, Infants explore their environment independent play
- 7:30am-8:30am: Breakfast
- 8:30am-8:45am: Diaper Changing
- 8:45am-9:15am: Outdoor Time
- 9:15am-10:00am: Independent Free Play
- 10:00am-10:30am: Teacher Directed Group Activity
- 10:30am-11:00am: Diaper Changing
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Lunch Time
- 12:00pm-12:15pm: Clean-up after lunch
- 12:15pm-12:45pm: Diaper Changing
- 12:45pm-1:00pm: Story Time
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: Nap Time (Infants needing more than a 2 hour nap will be allowed to nap until they wake)
- 3:00pm-3:30pm: Infants will be greeted by their teacher as they wake, diapers will be changed.
- 3:30pm-4:00pm: Snack Time
- 4:00pm-5:00pm: Infants Explore their environment both independently and with each other and with teachers.
- 5:00pm-5:15pm: Diaper Changing
- 5:15pm-6:00pm: Free Play/ Parents Arrival
- 6:00pm: Bubbles & Blocks CDC Closed
*All meal times include clean-up and hand washing before and after each meal
*Outdoor time is weather permitting