Infant 1- Ages 6 weeks to 10 months
Our Infant 1 room is for infants 6 weeks to approximately 10 months of age. Our ratio for this room is at least one adult for every four babies. Even at a very early age your child is changing and developing at a rapid pace. We ensure that each and every baby gets ample one on one time with the teachers for cuddles, bottle feedings, stories,and simply just to interact with your baby. Each child participates in tummy time twice a day, as well as opportunities to interact with the other infants. Once children become mobile, whether it be crawling or walking they will be transitioned to the Infant 2 room. We want you to be a big part of our Bubbles & Blocks family so the lead teacher will have several discussions with you as your child nears transition time.
Meet our Lead Infant 1 Teacher...Ms. Shannon!
Shannon has her Associates in Applied Science Degree from Southeast Community College in Early Childhood Education. Shannon worked at a center in South Lincoln for 5 years before becoming a stay at home mother. When Shannon’s daughter went to school she decided to begin working as an Infant Teacher again. Shannon and her daughter enjoy spending time with family and friends, going on bike rides, trips to the park, and taking in the latest kid’s movies. Shannon believes that children learn at their own pace and through play and exploring the world around them. She loves watching them grow and learn new things as their personalities develop. When asked what makes her most excited to work at Bubbles & Blocks she said, “I’m excited about getting to know all of my children and their families. I can’t wait to become a part of their daily lives!”
Daily Schedule-Infant 1
- 6:30am-7:30am: Arrival time, Infants explore their environment independent play
- 7:30am-8:30am: Breakfast
- 8:30am-9:00am: Outdoor Time
- 9:00am-9:15am: Diaper Changing
- 9:15am-10:15am: Rest Time
- 10:15am-11:00am: Tummy Time/Exploration
- 11:00am-11:15am: Diaper Changing
- 11:15am-12:15pm: Lunch Time
- 12:15pm-12:45pm: Story Time with teachers
- 12:45pm-1:00pm: Diaper Changing
- 1:00pm-3:00pm: Nap Time (Infants needing more than a 2 hour nap will be allowed to nap until they wake)
- 3:00pm-3:30pm: Infants will be greeted by their teacher as they wake, diapers will be changed.
- 3:30pm-4:00pm: Snack or bottle will be given at this time (depending on age).
- 4:00pm-5:00pm: Infants Explore their environment both independently and with each other and with teachers.
- 5:00pm-5:15pm: Diaper Changing
- 5:15pm-6:00pm: Tummy Time/ Parents Arrival
- 6:00pm: Bubbles & Blocks CDC Closed
*We will follow the infants lead in terms of feedings and naps, this schedule just serves as an outline*
*Outdoor time will be weather permiting